In this tutorial we’ll install the Debian Linux 9 (squeeze), Apache 2 with mpm-itk (to run each web as a isolated user),...
Upgrade from squeeze to wheezyÁstþór IP
Debian just released a stable version of Debian 7.0 (wheezy). If you’re running previous version of Debian, you can easily upgrade.
1. Update all packages currently installed to the latest squeeze versions
2. Replace all occurrences of squeeze with wheezy in the apt sources file (pico /etc/apt/sources.list). Here’s an example of what the file could look like after the change:
deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main contrib non-free
3. Update apt repository
4. Upgrade apt, dpkg and aptitude packages first
apt-get install apt dpkg aptitude
5. Do a dist-upgrade to upgrade the rest of the system
6. Restart the system
7. Verify that the system is updated to version 7 / wheezy
It should read version 7.0.0 or greater